The Mac mini features a:
- Slot-loading CD/DVD drive
- Power button located at rear
- Dual boot configuration – runs both Windows and OS X.
Turning on a Mac mini
The power button for a Mac mini is located at the rear of the unit - press the power button once to turn on the Mac mini.
Windows or OS X?
Using the arrow keys on the keyboard, select an operating system – Windows or OS X – then press Enter or Return.
The computer will start up using the selected operating system.
After selecting an operating system, you must log on to the University domain:
Ejecting a CD or DVD
The eject key for the CD/DVD drive on a Mac mini is located on the keyboard.
- Load your CD/DVD by inserting it into the CD/DVD slot.
- Eject your CD/DVD by pressing the eject key – there is a short delay between pressing the eject button and the disc ejecting.
Typing PC key commands on an Apple keyboard
The table below refers to key mappings on wired aluminium keyboard. See this Apple article for more information.
|PC key command||Apple external keyboard|
|Enter (numeric keypad)||enter|
* Use the Delete key above the arrow keys.