Digital presentation environment that generally features traditional steeply tiered & fixed student seating with a formal lectern.
Capacity >100 students.
Minimum equipment specifications
- Touch panel control system enabling control of lighting and equipment from the lectern
- Networked computer (dual boot iMac, starts in Windows by default) for presenters, with USB ports - plug in your own memory stick - or log in to your faculty drive
- Laptop connectivity for presenters
- Data projector
- Document camera
- Microphone and speakers
- DVD player - DVDs playable via installed computer if no standalone DVD player
- Lecture Capture (centrally managed service that automatically records audio and/or visual content from lectures).
NOTE: CDs playable via DVD or installed computer where no standalone CD player is installed.
Presenters need a LEC key to access cupboards/lecterns containing IT/AV equipment. Please contact your Academic Support Office if you need a new LEC key.
- Infrastructure Services staff will open spaces in advance of classes and events pre-booked in the central timetable system.
- Campus security will perform this function during weekends and evenings.
To ensure a safe and secure campus for all, staff will decline to open spaces if there is no timetable booking.