Theatres are fully enabled for Lecture Capture (the central system that records audio and visual content from lectures). These lecture theatres are equipped with an extensive range of multimedia equipment.
Minimum equipment specifications
Theatres contain the following installed equipment:
- Touch panel control system enabling control of lighting and all equipment from the lectern
- Networked computer (dual boot iMac, starts in Windows by default) for the presenter, with USB ports - plug in your own memory stick - you can also log in to your faculty drive from this computer.
- Laptop connectivity for presenters
- Data projector
- At least one overhead projector (OHP) - OHP transparencies viewable via document camera where OHP not present
- Microphone & speakers
- DVD player - DVDs playable via installed computer if no standalone DVD player installed
- Lecture Capture (system that automatically records audio and/or visual content from lectures)
- Wireless coverage.
NOTE: CD's playable via DVD or installed computer where no standalone CD player is installed.
Presenters need a LEC key to access cupboards/lecterns containing installed multimedia equipment.
Infrastructure Services staff will open these spaces in advance of all classes and events that have been pre-booked in the central timetable system. Campus security will perform this function during weekends and evenings, if classes and events are pre-booked in the central timetable system.
To ensure a safe and secure campus for all, campus security and client services staff will decline to open spaces if there is no booking in the central timetable system.