Student workshops (BYO laptop) contain multiple oval or round tables within the room, each seating up to four or five students.
Students are allowed to use these rooms for informal individual and group work during the day when there are no scheduled classes.
Minimum equipment specifications
All student workshops (BYO laptop) contain the following installed equipment:
- One data projector or large LCD monitor
- Laptop connectivity for presenter
- DVD/VCR combo units (multi-zone) that also play CDs (or separate VCR player and DVD/CD player)
- One moveable overhead projector (OHP) for transparencies
- White boards for presenters and students (generally distributed around the room)
- Wireless coverage.
Presenters need a LEC key to access cupboards/lecterns containing installed multimedia equipment.
Infrastructure Services staff will open these spaces in advance of all classes and events that have been pre-booked in the central timetable system. Campus security will perform this function during weekends and evenings, if classes and events are pre-booked in the central timetable system.
To ensure a safe and secure campus for all, campus security and client services staff will decline to open spaces if there is no booking in the central timetable system.