Learning suites are rooms suitable for undergraduate and postgraduate classes and have either:
- multiple oval or round tables each seating four or five people.
- a large board-room style table.
Minimum equipment specifications
All learning suites contain the following installed equipment:
- Data projector
- Networked computer (dual boot Mac mini or iMac, starts in Windows by default) for the presenter, with USB ports - plug in your own memory stick - you can also log-in to your faculty drive from this computer
- SMART Board - interactive presentation surface that cannot be written on with ordinary white-board pens
- White boards for presenters and students (generally distributed around the room)
- At least one overhead projector (OHP) - OHP transparencies viewable via document camera where OHP not present
- Wireless coverage.
- 100 Leicester St-105
- 100 Leicester St-106
- 100 Leicester St-107
- 100 Leicester St-108
- 100 Leicester St-109
- 200 Berkeley St-216
- 200 Berkeley St-217
- 200 Berkeley St-220
- Kwong Lee Dow-409
- Kwong Lee Dow-416
- Kwong Lee Dow-417
- Kwong Lee Dow-419
- Kwong Lee Dow-420
- Kwong Lee Dow-421
- Alice Hoy-225
- Alice Hoy-242
- Cussonia Court-G11A
- Cussonia Court-G11B
- John Medley-G21
Presenters need a LEC key to access cupboards/lecterns containing installed multimedia equipment.
Infrastructure Services staff will open these spaces in advance of all classes and events that have been pre-booked in the central timetable system. Campus security will perform this function during weekends and evenings, if classes and events are pre-booked in the central timetable system.
To ensure a safe and secure campus for all, campus security and client services staff will decline to open spaces if there is no booking in the central timetable system.