eLearning studios are our most advanced learning spaces, especially designed to support eLearning and collaborative practice within small group settings. They contain multiple round/oval tables, each seating up to four or five students.
Minimum equipment specifications
All eLearning studios contain the following installed equipment:
- Touch panel control system control of all equipment from the lectern
- White boards for presenters and students (generally distributed around the room)
- One data projector
- VCR/DVD combo units (multi-zone) that also play CDs & VCDs (or separate VCR player and DVD/CD player)
- At least one overhead projector (OHP) - OHP transparencies viewable via document camera where OHP not present.
- Networked computer (dual boot Mac mini or iMac, starts in Windows by default) for the presenter, with USB ports - plug in your own memory stick - you can also log-in to your faculty drive from this computer
- One dual boot Mac mini or iMac (starts in Windows 7 by default) per student table (shared by the student group)
- Laptop connectivity for presenters
- Wireless coverage
Presenters need a LEC key to access cupboards/lecterns containing installed multimedia equipment.
Infrastructure Services staff will open these spaces in advance of all classes and events that have been pre-booked in the central timetable system. Campus security will perform this function during weekends and evenings, if classes and events are pre-booked in the central timetable system.
To ensure a safe and secure campus for all, campus security and client services staff will decline to open spaces if there is no booking in the central timetable system.