Facilitate problem-based learning with student teams able to sit as a group with access to a shared screen.
30, 36, 40, 50, 140 student capacity.
Collaborative learning spaces contain multiple round/oval tables, each seating between four and six students.
Minimum equipment specifications
Collaborative learning spaces contain the following installed equipment:
- Touch panel control system – convenient control of all equipment from the presentation point
- White boards for presenters & students (generally distributed around the room)
- One data projector
- VCR/DVD combo units (multi-zone) that also play CDs & VCDs (or separate VCR player and DVD/CD player)
- Document camera
- Networked computer (dual boot Mac mini or iMac, starts in Windows by default) for the presenter, with USB ports - plug in your own memory stick - you can also log-in to your faculty drive
- Laptop connectivity for presenters.
These spaces feature:
Presenters need a LEC key to access cupboards/lecterns containing IT/AV equipment. Please contact your Academic Support Office if you need a new LEC key.
- Infrastructure Services staff will open spaces in advance of classes and events pre-booked in the central timetable system.
- Campus security will perform this function during weekends and evenings.
To ensure a safe and secure campus for all, staff will decline to open spaces if there is no timetable booking.