Learning Environment Innovation & Renewal Program
This program is a collection of projects designed to create shared learning spaces that are more innovative, flexible, and collaborative.
Project activity involving alteration to building fabric is subject to design and construction approvals by Infrastructure Services, which is responsible for:
- Maintaining the University's design standards for teaching spaces
- Engaging project architects and consultants
- Directing/overseeing the construction process.
In practice, innovative departures from the design guidelines are frequently negotiated and achieved. We have offered revisions in response to:
- Technological advances
- Collaboration with academic innovators during recent projects
- Benchmarking exercises with other institutions.
The original governance framework for these projects was the University's Teaching Spaces Management Plan for the Parkville Campus, endorsed by Senior Executive in 2002.
Need help with your audio-visual project?
Learning Space Support provide advice on audio-visual upgrades and new installations in teaching spaces and meeting rooms. Fill in this form to have LSS work on the audio-visual scope on your next project.